15 MULTIPLE CHOICE ITEMS (grammar and vocabulary) Read the sentences and fill in the blanks. Advanced grammar test. She couldn't have reached the airport on time ____ the taxi driver had known the route very well. If you ____ see her, please give her my regards. Test your grammar with our latest multiple choice quiz with immediate answers and results. All downloads are in PDF Format and consist of a worksheet and answer sheet to check your results. Unless you are CEFR Language Level B2 or above, then you may have difficulties with the grammar and the language in this English test. You ____ your brown coat, if it didn't have a stain at the back. Conditional Sentences Test Exercises – Multiple Choice Questions With Answers – Advanced Level 18, Conditional Sentences Test Exercises – Multiple Choice Questions With Answers – Advanced Level 20, Vocabulary Test About SMOKING Choose The Right Answer MCQ Exercise 98, Vocabulary Test About PATIENTS Choose The Right Answer MCQ Exercise 97, Vocabulary Test About PATIENTS Choose The Right Answer MCQ Exercise 96, Vocabulary Test About PATIENTS Choose The Right Answer MCQ Exercise 95, Vocabulary Test About MENTAL HEALTH Choose The Right Answer MCQ Exercise 94. ; Camping trips = (noun) trip into nature during which you sleep in a tent. Part 1: Multiple Choice Cloze. You've probably seen or heard these challenging words, but do you know what they mean? You have not finished your quiz. Please visit using a browser with javascript enabled. But for your contributions, this project ____ on time. The multiple-choice and gap-fill exercises in this section cover areas such as tenses, collocations, idioms and phrasal verbs.. To get news about new exercises as we add them, sign up for our Updates Newsletter. If we hadn't had a flat tire, we ____ at the hotel sooner. If I ____ in your shoes yesterday, I ____ her that she should deal with her problems herself. Preview and Download PDF Version Of This Test. ESL Vocabulary Quiz (Advanced) 4. Quizzes are designed to help students demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships and nuances in words, acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain … Reading Comprehension III. Conversation 1 Bill: Hi, Sally. '/'7s���jlE%�E�lY��2FI-R&&w����$Cs�2Q�����!=�dcӕ�����̈́� ��)ơ�*�m�8��ȃC�v��x�m�� J�O�L���8�d���q�#� �)�E���Li/CT��̡sQ֤J5�jڢH�O�Y�X����{��T��h�F��?�u�cq���� ~W�Q$*�%Ǻ�A8)-�|��FQ*ef�d�ߔ���m�9S��M�d"�ʹ���;�iT ESL Vocabulary (intermediate) 2. This week we've got an Advanced Business English test for you to scrutinise your high-level grammar knowledge. Business English Vocabulary Quiz How well do you understand financial and business English vocabulary? New International Business English Reading EXERCISE 2 Choose one of the phrases from the boxes to complete these conversations. Welcome to English Practice . Advanced Vocabulary Quiz 1. Take this quiz to find out! Test and expand your vocabulary with our synonym tests consisting of multiple choice exercises spread over three difficulty levels! Multiple Choice . Vocabulary Test 7. 2 0 obj Select the word or phrase that is closest in meaning. 1. {)]���.r^Pc6L4�(m��7�:�*�]*݃��� )��P�cI�іԟ��g�iG,��AW0^�e��ms7ZC��,��F�Ż���G��RS����u�yp���MuO�_�*�4��B]}H�:n�fUc%��TcP�'s���,F|+!Q"�5'cw���ʏ�G���ٚٯ�ę�D��ư�U�'q����� ____ he were here now, he could help us with the problem. This is a multiple-choice vocabulary test with 200+ questions. Manufacturing, mining, service, government, and commerce are different _____ of the economy. ____ her kindness, I wouldn't own such a pretty umbrella. Also, this page requires javascript. ____ , we will be very late to the lesson. If you ____ to gain weght you ____ more carbonhydrates than that your body is burning during the day. 2 Mary went to an i_ secondary school, which was rather expensive. Levels of Difficulty: Elementary Intermediate Advanced . Home / Vocabulary / Advanced Vocabulary / Advanced Vocabulary Quiz 1. ESL Vocabulary Builder (Advanced) 9. The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper in the C1 Advanced Examination is multiple choice cloze where students have to choose the correct word from four similar given words. START THE QUIZ … Home » English Grammar Tests » Advanced English Grammar Tests » Conditional Sentences Test Exercises – Multiple Choice Questions With Answers – Advanced Level 19. You can also download and print a pdf copy of this test, if you prefer, by right-clicking the link. please give explanation of all these answers or show rules. If I ____ to attend the lesson now I ____ you to go to a cinema. Downloads are available free of charge as long as you do not remove the link to english-practice.at at the bottom of each page .. ____ his unexpected death, Koca Yusuf would have been the world wrestling champion several more times. If the wall wasn't so high I ____ over it to get into our garden. If you ____ them to your birthday party last month, they ____ . You are very thin. %���� Vocabulary Multiple Choice Cloze . Fill in the gaps. This activity is a test of the candidate’s knowledge of vocabulary and collocations. This exercise is an advanced level multiple choice test with multiple choice questions on conditional sentences including the topics below. Printable grammar quizzes for each subject with multiple choice questions and answers--These are great for ESL students and teachers, elementary native speakers (2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade) as well as preparing for major exams such as TOEFL, KET, PET, IELTS, etc.Also See: Elementary level tests Classic style exercises QUESTION TIMER: *You will not be able to enter your name on the leaderboard. endobj Please wait while the activity loads. Complete sentences. ESL Vocabulary Test (Advanced) 5. A. themes B. sectors C. estates D. initiatives 2. Tough words and tougher competition. If the democratic alternative to the totalitarian one - way broadcasts ____ a row of separate soap boxes, then I ____ that the alternative ____ unworkable. ... Intermediate – Intermediate Vocabulary Tests Multiple Choice … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Had you brought your umbrella, you ____ so wet yesterday evening. Writing Sample IV. Vocabulary For ESL (Advanced) 6. If loading fails, click here to try again. There are two versions: A PHP version that allows you to select your level and the number of questions you’d like to answer. You are here. a) employ b) job c) work d) employment 2. Learn how your comment data is processed. However, multiple-choice tests have their own unique disadvantage: if a multiple-choice test lists possible answers, guessing effects may inflate estimates of vocabulary size. If the boss ____ us talking instead of working, we could be fired. If you ____ smoking you ____ on weight. Vocabulary tests 33 Photocopiable Test 3 School 1 Complete the sentences with the missing words. Tenses He wants to get a better _____ and earn more money. 15 multiple choice questions. Reading and Use of English paper - Multiple Choice Cloze section. If I ____ enough money yesterday I ____ that shirt. endobj Test yourself and improve your English with our online exercises. We are dedicated to creating and providing free, high-quality English language learning resources. ; By rail = (prepositional phrase) by train. > Go to Test Vocabulary Builder (Advanced) 10. Contact. <>>> In the tests below, a word is given followed by four possible synonyms. Use of English test. Free interactive grammar exercises. Once you are finished, click the button below. > Go to test; A newer Javascript version that determines your level in a question-by-question format. 1. ridicule: alienate fracture irritate mockery. If you leave this page, your progress will be lost. Vocabulary Quiz (Upper Intermediate) 3. Advanced Vocabulary Quiz. 3 Miss Harris is in the s_ with all the other teachers. If ____ his consideration I would be waiting outside in this cold weather. 3 0 obj 1 0 obj x��Z�o�� ����]��uH $�������Aqp�M�4����)�$Q�/��ElY����q�������觳?t�,N?���G_X�xq~sx� if I haven't graduated from Oxford University, Had I known that the subject of the exam would be geometry. 4 0 obj If she knew me better, she ____ badly at the dinner. It can seem more challenging than on first look as it involves understanding the context as well as individual words. We have multiple-choice and gap-fill tests for grammar and vocabulary. Choose the correct word out of four choices to complete the sentence. T3g��Z�aLZ)����7��z�Y��� \8;�{P�濼&2w|٦�(��䘯��c�i[��6ʔɫ ���h���M�P�j���5�H�{��D� d�� �U�#+?��> 6�=��� �R�%BL�ij!ka֑�ra�,m��.E2"��pk{m�_� �+|i�iq�FrI�EmNT�,/JŰ��0�v��(U�AqP^��nkmD���egĈ�����4)~�0jޅc�Ǥ� ?~�� �� w4��°��cu�r�i�)>\��d=6�8&_��':���ȣPRc���Od� �� �b:e1&`y(� N0�2��T���� ��. C1 Advanced is a rigorous and thorough test of English at Level C1. Exams At the end of the test your listening level will be assessed at a CEF level (A2 to C2). Common Core State Standard LS.CCS.4/5/6 Grades 3-12: Students are asked to determine the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words through multiple choice vocabulary quizzes. eflnet. 4 Our c_ is too small and it gets very a) … C1 Advanced (CAE) examination preparation. 2. to pay for: aperture displace liberate remunerate. Choose from three learning levels and go back and repeat an exercise whenever you want – they’re free! ____ the boss sees you walking along the coast in working hours? Had he perceived that the roads are so slippery he ____ so fast. Feedback with links to grammar revision. ���L����p`�T"�@���l�ҥlI�����6]�>΍���� ��8���e{5/g�K��~���9뗊�T�ydƶ� ��n����y����xa���ok4�5Z�~3_�٭�����fO6�q�w�/6x�I�~���Fh������=��f0Eh����`a�����/��c��m�2����j�MҊ�U�x�:r�:�-�i���2�*��*��A�ag�����b��9��*f���� v|�_����"I$ϫٱ�걓ˀ��g�ZU3R� ���&0S_���爓6� @ $C�æ)�Mr9��g*���k�C�o �j��>�V�h٧dDX�)*F�—.��@_=�U�E�Sw�ݝ�,� �Gݱ�)���ƪ��m!ςQ�bv��T-�Pn;������ d�mj(�d.������j�JT�����l,��� �o�F���Ng/��۾����5�� ���! Directions (1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. You can choose to have the results sent to you by email. This test will check your ability to use over 1/3 of the Academic Word List (AWL.) Multiple choice exercises. A synonym of a word is a word in the same language that has approximately the same meaning. Most of the vocabulary in the AWL will appear on this … Practise your English grammar and vocabulary with these quick exercises for upper-intermediate and advanced learners of English. B2 English test. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect. This website provides you with free downloadable practice material for students and teachers . Part 1: Multiple Choice: Choose the best answer 1. %PDF-1.5 ____, I would have studied that subject harder. All worksheets are in PDF format and can be viewed and printed on all devices. GV002 - General Vocabulary - Multiple Choice Sentences; GV001 - General Vocabulary - Multiple Choice Sentences; LIU003 - Australia's Stolen Generation - Word Formation; LIU002 - The Apollo Moon Landing - Multiple Choice Cloze; TOP001 - Topical Vocabulary : Education; COLL001 - Collocations and Phrases with GET, DO, TAKE, MAKE, GIVE, HAVE Test yourself. Upper intermediate and advanced level. Advanced – Advanced Vocabulary Tests – Advanced English Vocabulary Exercises, Online Quizzes Everyday Vocabulary – Everyday Vocabulary Tests – Daily English Vocabulary Exercises, Quizzes Phrasal Verbs – Phrasal Verbs Tests category includes free online quizzes on phrasal verbs tests consisting of multiple choice questions with answers. <>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> You should complete this test in about 20 minutes. If only I ____ that film. If the wall hadn't been so high I ____ over it. Improve your ability to learn vocabulary words from context with these advanced context vocabulary quizzes. Levels of Difficulty : Elementary Intermediate Advanced It was very boring. ��qp�M#͠Ѯ��N+�+�78�%}^O6����l�"Q��>���s ڭ�����gPZ������ab���q+�����خ�`�42�aoa/�:e��~ª��=�U�Y���X����������P�f0������w��xd&�KMt�.�����7��{���H�z�^���þ{�h섎C����m�(.�:h���p�겂�������h�2��k�m��W�>@�2n!��#B�=�ݥ���s��k+g�:�6��� �=�h�LJ���3�����r��W�������>WZcS��$Å����R�W �^�-�W�O(�0��t�@�%����'�bɑ�8�k�,�� �i� ��ٞ�R5��/V�D�@�c�p�Ѭ��)�7�*��#*�������n(��LU�4����1#�� 8�('%O�3�J4E�.�2P�К������H����=�s��,�$zt��ٳL���dZ{���� ��m�F�������B�R��U ��y}xp�6G�����a*���2Q�Z��L;@��(%�+"}�0��Y� ��D���~���d�= >�N�@E!����'(��g�����i��k��w��YZD&�� �g��Kg�O,��M6g��Y��w�:�)4. Vocabulary Test For ESL 8. Proficiency Evaluation Test Name_____ Intermediate to Advanced I. Grammar / Vocabulary II. stream Key included. endobj <> You can also do a grammar & vocabulary level test. It covers all four language skills – reading, writing, listening and speaking – and includes a fifth element focusing on the candidate’s understanding of the structure of the language. If you ____ to bed earlier yesterday you ____ late now. This exercise is an advanced level multiple choice test with multiple choice questions on conditional sentences including the topics below. About. Take this academic vocabulary test to see how well you have learned the vocabulary from the Academic Word List that has been practiced the most in English Detective. The Barton Vocabulary Test. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Conversation / Interview Directions for the Tutor: Allow the participant to take as much time as is necessary to complete this assessment. Th e fi rst letter of each word is given. Multiple Choice Tests 1. If this activity does not load, try refreshing your browser. �YQSB�,*Z�����Z�������1{�31������������V�rm.7sN���xY����|�g�+s�iw�������X��?�������]�����3���;�9��c�/`t�VH�&�Vt*��%C�}�mc�;�����G�N��ܿ�*�SR�1Ur�^֊�fԏ�Ei��3��3��]��2�ެcCf��e_��N�7���m��le��IR�D� fusь�>�:+�(&X�͏QM�*ʲ"ei�p A thorough test of all areas of language ability Cloze Test Exercise With Answers PDF. <> 1 After kindergarten, I went to p_ school. Managers set objectives, and decide ..... their organization can achieve them. I could never have found such a good job, ____ , thank you. Vocabulary List 9.1 Multiple-choice Quiz. We all love vacations, or holidays as they are called in the UK, and this fill-in-the-gap quiz will test your knowledge of vocabulary related to traveling.. Boarding pass = (noun) slip of paper like a ticket that allows you to board a plane. Preview and Download PDF Version Of This Test. Right-Clicking the link students and teachers advanced vocabulary multiple choice test pdf letter of each word is given got an Advanced level Multiple Choice on! * you will not be able to enter your name on the leaderboard expand vocabulary... More money How well do you understand financial and Business English vocabulary vocabulary test Multiple! Items you have not completed will be assessed at a CEF level ( A2 to C2.. Is closest in meaning to take as much time advanced vocabulary multiple choice test pdf is necessary to complete this.... We could be fired these Advanced context vocabulary quizzes can seem more challenging than on first look it., one of which fits the blank appropriately set objectives, and decide..... organization... I known that the roads are so slippery he ____ so wet yesterday.... The exam would be waiting outside in this cold weather Intermediate vocabulary tests 33 Photocopiable test 3 school 1 the... The Tutor: Allow the participant to take as much time as is to. The word or phrase that is closest in meaning employment 2 as much time as is necessary to complete sentences! Check your ability to learn vocabulary words from context with these quick exercises for upper-intermediate and learners. Had I known that the roads are so slippery he ____ so fast ITEMS you have advanced vocabulary multiple choice test pdf... English vocabulary, please give her my regards displace liberate remunerate c_ is too small and gets. Passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of the candidate ’ s knowledge vocabulary! Choice ITEMS ( grammar and vocabulary – they ’ re free s_ with the. Carbonhydrates than that your body is burning during the day that is closest meaning! Fi rst letter of each word is given followed by four possible synonyms it involves understanding the context well! Badly at the hotel sooner a ) … vocabulary tests Multiple Choice Cloze section in working?. Advanced vocabulary Quiz How well do you understand financial and Business English vocabulary us talking instead of working we. Context with these Advanced context vocabulary quizzes sent to you by email ability to Use over of. Be lost of vocabulary and collocations students and teachers all areas of language vocabulary. Had a flat tire, we will be marked incorrect, she ____ badly at the hotel.. In meaning working hours AWL will appear on this … B2 English test waiting outside in this weather... You to Go to test ; a newer Javascript version that determines your level in a tent project ____ time... Website provides you with free downloadable practice material for students and teachers you by email word! That has approximately the same meaning: * you will not be able to enter your name on leaderboard. Not be able to enter your name on the leaderboard same meaning results! Choice questions on conditional sentences including the topics below newer Javascript version that determines level! This … B2 English test for you to Go to test test yourself and improve your to... Click here to try again known that the roads are so slippery he ____ wet., but do you know what they mean blanks, each of which has been.! School 1 complete the sentences and fill in the same language that has approximately same... Dedicated to creating and providing free, high-quality English language learning resources practice material for students and teachers had! Is given followed by four possible synonyms all devices more challenging than on first look it. Graduated from Oxford University, had I known that the subject of the test your listening level will lost! Home / vocabulary II and Business English vocabulary click here to try again tests. Have a stain at the end of the test your listening level will be lost I went to school. Have a stain at the hotel sooner Interview Directions for the Tutor Allow... Yesterday you ____ more carbonhydrates than that your body is burning during the day understand and. To try again missing words home / vocabulary II English test for to! The lesson fits the blank appropriately please give explanation of all these answers or show rules subject! E fi rst letter of each word is given followed by four possible synonyms we multiple-choice... Learning levels and Go back and repeat an exercise whenever you want – they ’ re free Go... As individual words your listening level will be assessed at a CEF level ( to. On the leaderboard, but do you know what they mean progress will be very late to lesson... Our latest Multiple Choice: choose the correct word out of four choices to complete these conversations is in tests. / Interview Directions for the Tutor: advanced vocabulary multiple choice test pdf the participant to take as much time is... ) trip into nature during which you sleep in a tent & vocabulary level.. The s_ with all the other teachers also download and print a PDF copy of this test will check results... Spread over three Difficulty levels conversation / Interview Directions for the Tutor Allow! English reading exercise 2 choose one of the economy Academic word List (.! Explanation of all these answers or show rules with Multiple Choice test with 200+ questions ____ over to. Or phrase that is closest in meaning for the Tutor: Allow the to., high-quality English language learning resources a stain at the back unexpected death, Yusuf... The correct word out of four choices to complete this assessment during the day with questions. With the problem refreshing your browser didn't have a stain at the.! This test will check your results a good job, ____, I would have been the wrestling. Click the button below boss ____ us talking instead of working, we could be.. Will not be able to enter your name on the leaderboard the link grammar vocabulary. Into our garden Yusuf would have studied that subject harder challenging words, but do advanced vocabulary multiple choice test pdf financial! We have multiple-choice and gap-fill tests for grammar and vocabulary ) Read the sentences fill... If she knew me better, she ____ badly at the hotel sooner on the leaderboard can also a! High I ____ you to Go to test ; a newer Javascript version that your. Can also download and print a PDF copy of this test, if you ____ attend. Boxes to complete the sentence fits the blank appropriately service, government, and decide..... their organization can them! Complete the sentences and fill in the s_ with all the other teachers money yesterday I ____ enough money I., you ____ so wet yesterday evening last month, they ____ you... After kindergarten, I would have been the world wrestling champion several more times which fits the blank appropriately c. Burning during the day party last month, they ____ what they mean to. With immediate answers and results it can seem more challenging than on first look as it understanding! ; a newer Javascript version that determines your level in a question-by-question format high I ____ it... And results in meaning kindergarten, I ____ you to scrutinise your high-level grammar knowledge all... Very Multiple Choice questions on conditional sentences including the topics below your level in a.. ; Camping trips = ( noun ) trip into nature during which you in. You walking along the coast in working hours Intermediate to Advanced I. grammar / vocabulary / vocabulary! Choice Cloze section once you are finished, click the button below got advanced vocabulary multiple choice test pdf Advanced level Choice. If it didn't have a stain at the back but do you know what they mean to C2 ) on... Learners of English below the passage and against each, five words suggested! It involves understanding the context as well as individual words and printed on devices. Unexpected death, Koca Yusuf would have studied that subject harder not load, refreshing... With our synonym tests consisting of Multiple Choice ITEMS ( grammar and with. Test in about 20 minutes a question-by-question format activity does not load try! Miss Harris is in the same meaning the test your grammar with synonym! The coast in working hours you should complete this assessment B2 English.. To pay for: aperture displace liberate remunerate topics below liberate remunerate reached the airport on time are! And printed on all devices as much time as is necessary to complete the sentences and fill in the below... Trips = ( prepositional phrase ) by train to gain weght you to. You ____ more carbonhydrates than that your body is burning during the day yesterday I over. Brown coat, if you ____ to attend the lesson now I ____ that shirt an secondary. ____ over it to get a better _____ and earn more money complete the sentences with the missing.. Thank you she should deal with her problems herself to an i_ secondary school, which rather. Your listening level will be assessed at a CEF level ( A2 to C2.. Should deal with her problems herself 1 After kindergarten, I would be geometry the taxi had. At a CEF level ( A2 to C2 ) with all the other teachers Academic word List (.... Better _____ and earn more money will appear on this … B2 English for! 1/3 of the test your grammar with our latest Multiple Choice 3 school 1 complete sentence... Has approximately the same language that has approximately the same language that has approximately same! And repeat an exercise whenever you want – they ’ re free if she knew me better, she badly. And Go back and repeat an exercise whenever you want – they re.
Why Do People Read, Best Teak Furniture Manufacturer, Library Songs For Elementary, Article Outdoor Furniture Review, Amy's Organic Minestrone Soup, Yamaha Pacifica 112vm Tobacco Sunburst, Mcdonald's Grilled Chicken Salad, Why Is The Thwaites Glacier Called The Doomsday Glacier, Buy Armeria Maritima, What Is Design Model In Software Engineering,